Who we are
The Flemish Foundation for Traffic Knowledge (FFT) is committed to increase awareness about traffic and mobility in the region of Flanders, Belgium. On the one hand, it achieves this goal by organising permanent courses for professionals in the traffic sector – representatives, mobility officials, police, etc. On the other hand, the FFT develops projects and organises awareness campaigns for traffic participants of all ages, both during and after their schooling. The FFT is active throughout Flanders, and was established by the decree of the Flemish Parliament of 21 March 1990.
What we do
The FFT organises five different kinds of projects:
- Training and refresher courses
- Higher education
- Education in primary and secondary schools
- Advice and research
- Public awareness campaigns
The FFT offers a range of projects and services for all age groups. Here you can find some of them.
- Flemish Congress on Traffic Safety: annual event for traffic safety professionals.
- Mobility Academy: refresher courses for anyone deeply involved in traffic safety and mobility.
- The Great Traffic Test: a national test for primary school pupils.
- Smart Mobile Schools: structural support project for secondary schools.
- Driving Licence at School: driving theory training at secondary schools.
- On the road: training module for young people who have just received their driving license.
- Mobiplus: website and refresher courses for people over 55.
- SMS-webshop: a digital inventory of all education and training material available in Flanders.
The FFT also regularly participates in international conferences. Click here to consult our most recent presentations.
Want to know more about our activities? Or does your organization want to cooperate with the FFT? Please let us know!
Vlaamse Stichting Verkeerskunde
Tel.: +32 15 44 65 50
Fax.: +32 15 44 65 59